There are many opportunities for undergraduates to gain research experience through independent study courses individually arranged with departmental faculty. These experiences can be the highpoint of the college experience and are beneficial in preparing for and gaining admission to graduate programs and job placement. Undergraduates interested in research are encouraged to contact faculty to inquire about opportunities as early as possible in your undergraduate career.
Below is a list of UConn and external resources that can assist you in gaining research experience:
- Areas of EEB Research
- Areas of MCB Research
- Areas of PNB Research
- The EEB department has compiled an Undergrad Research Opportunities handout listing research opportunities for biology majors.
- MCB Research Opportunities Page
- Seminar and Research Courses
- UConn Office of Undergraduate Research
- UConn SURF (summer undergraduate research funds)
- National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergrads
- Operation Wallacea
- Organization for Tropical Studies
- Sigma Xi (Scientific Research Society)
- Summer Research Opportunities in the Life Sciences (RIT database)