|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) options:||Bachelor of Science (B.S.) options:|
|Biological Sciences||Biological Sciences|
|Ecology and Evolutionary Biology||Ecology and Evolutionary Biology|
|Molecular and Cell Biology|
|Physiology and Neurobiology|
|Structural Biology and Biophysics|
|Requirements:View the CLAS requirements (Content Area Three: Science & Technology) for B.A. requirements.B.A. degree requires 5 courses from “Content Area One: Arts and Humanities“.||Requirements:View the CLAS requirements (Content Area Three: Science & Technology) for B.S. requirements.B.S. degree requires 4 courses from “Content Area One: Arts and Humanities“.|
B.A degree additional notes:
- Freshmen who are in interested in the B.A option should take BIOL 1107 (or 1108) and general education courses during their first semester.
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology B.A. degree requires CHEM 1127Q & 1128Q or CHEM 1124Q & 1125Q & 1126Q but students are not required to take physics or calculus.
- Biological Sciences B.A. degree doesn’t require chemistry, physics, or calculus.
- 3 Q courses are required (one which must be MATH Q or STAT Q course). To view Q courses, go to student admin=>Academic Requirements Report=>Quantitative Competency =>View Course List.
- Students may take the calculus, chemistry, or physics sequence if these courses are recommended for their career path (such as pre-health fields). These courses can count towards the 3 Q courses requirement.
B.S degree additional notes:
- The 3 Q course requirement will be fulfilled by taking required calculus, chemistry, and physics sequences.