Minor Plan of Study Forms

Please note that students no longer need to fill out paper plans of study. The Minor Plan of Study Forms are below and can be used as a guide to complete the minor:

Declaring Minors:

To declare a minor, fill out the online form found at http://ppc.uconn.edu.

Graduating with a Minor:

Submit your minor plan of study online with your major plan of study using the following 3 steps:

1. Please declare your minor online to ensure that it appears on your transcript. Student Admin will not include the minor with your major plan of study submission until you declare the minor.
2.Apply to graduate on Student Admin.
3.Submit your final plan of study in Student Admin. Go to your Academic Requirements report, and click the now visible “Submit Final Plan of Study” button.

Minor Requirements and Restrictions:

  • Students whose major is EEB, MCB, or PNB cannot earn a minor in Biological Sciences.
  • Students can’t earn a minor in Biological Sciences in addition to minors in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology, or Physiology and Neurobiology.
  • For other restrictions & common questions about minors, see our Minors FAQs.  
  • Completion of a minor requires that a student earn a C or better in each of the required courses for that minor.
  • Substitutions are not possible for required courses in a minor.
  • View the Minor Plans of Study for additional requirements for each minor. Forms are also available in the Biology Advising Center (BPB 101). If you have a quick question about minors, visit our office during drop-in hours.